Robinson's school counselor, Dr. Gina Zanella-Sample (Dr. Z), works alongside teachers and parents to help students develop socially and emotionally, and to help remove any barriers to mental and behavioral health. Dr. Z provides short-term individual counseling, small group counseling, classroom lessons, consultation with outside agencies, parent workshops, community resource referrals (including longer term therapy services) and schoolwide programming.
If at any time your child is struggling to maintain connections at home, school or in the community, you are encouraged to reach out to Dr. Z for additional support. She can be reached via phone at (302) 698-4230, via text/phone at (302) 469-3909 (google voice), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note to Parents and Caregivers:
The work of school counselors benefits students by helping them maintain connections to their families, friends/classmates, school, and community.
During Covid-19, many students struggled to maintain these connections and need our help to do so during these unprecedented times.
Because we know that many/most students do not openly share their feelings with adults, it is important that parents, caregivers, and school supports routinely check in with children to see how they are doing. Starting this practice at a young age help children learn the importance of identifying and talking about feelings.
Please consider putting the following information in your home so you can access it in an emergency:
- 24/7 Delaware Mental Health Mobile Response and Stabilization Services:
- 24/7 Crisis Text Line: Text DE to the number: 741741
- 24/7 Suicide/Crisis text/call number: 988
*If your child is injured or is an immediate threat to hurt someone, call 911
Caesar Rodney School District Bully Prevention Policy
Delaware Department of Education School Climate and
Delaware Department of Justice - School Crime & Bullying Contact (Ombudsperson) - 1-800-220-5414
Resources for Students Resources for Parents
- Anti-Bullying Resources for Parents and Teachers
- KidsHealth from Nemours: Helping Kids Deal with Bullies
- Bullying at school and online
- kidpower: How to Stop Bullying and Harassment
- Bullying: What Parents Can Do About It
Resources for Educators
- Helpful Links
Anti-Bullying Legislation in Delaware
- House Bill No. 7: An act to amend Title 14 of the Delaware Code to establish the School Bullying Prevention Act.