Are you interested in teaching but not sure how to enter the profession?
Prospective educators who did not complete a traditional educator preparation program with student teaching may be interested in one of Delaware’s alternative licensure and certification options.
You can find more information about these programs here:
The Relay residency is a two-year master’s degree program for talented, mission-driven people eager to launch a career in teaching. In the first year, residents engage in a gradual, supervised entrance into the profession so that in the second year, they are hired into teaching position. Most importantly, the residency prepares educators to enter the classroom with the foundational skills necessary to impact students from their first day as a teacher.
In two years, residents earn:
- A master’s degree
- Standard teaching certificate
- Unparalleled professional development and preparation
To be eligible for the Relay CR Residency, candidates should have a:
Bachelor’s degree with a record of personal, professional, and/or academic achievement– Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
– Please reach out if your undergraduate GPA is between a 2.75 and 3.0
* Commitment to and experience (preferable) working with underserved communities
* Determination to drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students (Interview)
* Demonstrated expertise in subject area
How to Apply
Applications for the upcoming school year are available. Please contact Dana Davisson at email@example.com if you are interested in being notified when the residency application becomes available.