Translatable Information Below. Select your preferred language by selecting "Translate web page" above.
Allen Frear Elementary Student / Family / School Compact 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
School’s faculty and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the state’s high standards.
I understand that learning is important and I must do my part to succeed. I will:
- ● Come to school each day prepared to learn.
- ● Complete all of my class work and homework on time.
- ● Follow the rules and be responsible for my behavior.
- ● Ask for help when I need it.
- ● Have a positive attitude about school.
I realize the importance of working with the school to improve my child’s academic performance. I can assist this process by:
- ● Providing an environment that encourages reading.
- ● Monitoring assignments and assisting with homework.
- ● Reinforcing consistent school attendance.
- ● Responding promptly to all school communications.
- ● Contacting the school if I have any questions or concerns.
- ● Participating in conferences and school functions.
- ● Serving on school and district based committees as needed.
Parent/ Guardian Signature
The teachers and staff of School realize the importance of providing every child with a high quality curriculum and developmentally appropriate instruction. The teachers and staff will:
- ● Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment. This will enable the
participating children to meet the state’s student academic achievement standards through teacher professional
development in researched based strategies and state standards.
- ● Provide the opportunity for parent-teacher conferences during which the compact will be discussed as it relates to the
individual after the first, second and third marking period (or as needed).
- ● Provide parents with frequent reports of the children’s progress through interims, report cards, assessments and or notes
returned in the Wednesday envelope.
- ● Provide parents with reasonable access to staff through appointments made through the main office, e-mails and phone
- ● Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities by
advertising these opportunities though written and verbal communication as well as encouraging parents to contact the main office to discuss opportunities with administrators and teachers.
Teacher Signature:________________________________________ Principal Signature:_______________________________________