Using the Delaware State Standards for Mathematics, the Caesar Rodney School District is working towards ensuring that students are college and career ready. While there are many standards that are covered from kindergarten through twelfth grade, these are the eight mathematical practices that all students will understand and be able to do:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.Dr. Michael Kijowski, Supervisor of InstructionSarah Potter, District Mathematics Resource Teacher