· April 2nd: CR Elementary Chorus Festival Trip. 12:30 - 2:30 in CRHS auditorium. Permission slips due by March 30th. Chorus will perform at Star Hill after arriving back at school at 2:30 pm.
· Spring Break: Friday, April 3rd to Friday, April 10th. School is closed
· Book Fair: April 13th – April 17th in the Star Hill library. Please call the office if you would be available to volunteer.
· Spring Pictures will be Tuesday, April 14th. Information in Wednesday folder.
· April 15th: Report cards sent home. They will be available online after 4:00p.m.
· April 15th at 6:00p.m. is the school Health Fair. Come out for family fun! Chorus is to perform that night.
· April 17th is an abbreviated day for afternoon conferences. School will dismiss at 1:20p.m.
· April 20th: 6:30 PTO Meeting at Star Hill.
· April 21st: Caesar Rodney School District Board Meeting at Star Hill at 7:00 PM
· Yearbooks on sale: Please turn in your yearbook orders by the first of April. The cost is $16.
Delmarva Shorebirds and Blue Rocks bookmarks went home several weeks ago. BOTH bookmarks are due on April 2nd. Fill out both and get two tickets to each team’s home game! Email Linda Lyon with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost and found: Please have your student check the lost and found in the back of the cafeteria.
· Kindergarten registration begins the week of April 13th at McIlvaine Early Childhood Center. Information is in your Wednesday folders.
· Congratulations to Amy Morris, mother of Kyle Morris in 3rd grade, for winning the bike that was raffled for the 5K Run & 1 mile Parent/Child Walk!!
· Way to go Odyssey of the Mind team for their fourth place finish at the State Competition.
Welcome Star Hill Families!
Our community of learners house students in grades first through fifth in the Caesar Rodney School District. Our days are spent focused on learning with the understanding that time is an invaluable resource that should be spent wisely. When visiting our school you will find children and adults engaged in writing, reading, math, critical thinking and real life problem solving. Often you will find students being led in small groups on focused lessons or exploring research topics delving deeper into standards and interests. Instruction, activities and language used by educators is purposeful with the intended outcome of having students who are independent thinkers and problem solvers.
The success of our students comes from the support of our Star Hill families. Collaboration occurs daily among the staff in the building and with the students’ own families. We encourage parents and guardians to develop close relationships with school staff so that we may get to know your child even better which will allow us to best meet his or her needs. As one family we will make informed decisions about what is best for children while celebrating their accomplishments.
We are proud and honored to be members of the Star Hill and Caesar Rodney learning community. Working together will ensure your child has a productive, successful school year.
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.-- Brad Henry
School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:25 pm
6:30 PM SH-PTO Mtg.