Welcome Star Hill Families!
Our community of learners house students in grades first through fifth in the Caesar Rodney School District. Our days are spent focused on learning with the understanding that time is an invaluable resource that should be spent wisely. When visiting our school you will find children and adults engaged in writing, reading, math, critical thinking and real life problem solving. Often you will find students being led in small groups on focused lessons or exploring research topics delving deeper into standards and interests. Instruction, activities and language used by educators is purposeful with the intended outcome of having students who are independent thinkers and problem solvers.
The success of our students comes from the support of our Star Hill families. Collaboration occurs daily among the staff in the building and with the students’ own families. We encourage parents and guardians to develop close relationships with school staff so that we may get to know your child even better which will allow us to best meet his or her needs. As one family we will make informed decisions about what is best for children while celebrating their accomplishments.
We are proud and honored to be members of the Star Hill and Caesar Rodney learning community. Working together will ensure your child has a productive, successful school year.
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.-- Brad Henry
School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:25 pm
· Thursday, October 30th - End of first marking period.
· Abbreviated Day: Friday, October 31st. Dismissal is at 1:20pm. Please notify the office of any changes in transportation as early as possible.
· Harvest Parties and Book Character Parade—Harvest Parties and Parade will be held on Friday, October 31st (individual classrooms will send home information regarding times for their parties). The Parade for 1st-3rd grade will be held at 9:00am. This year we are asking students to dress up as their favorite book character in honor of National Family Literacy Day on November 1st. 4th and 5th grade will join as spectators. If you have you any questions please contact the Star Hill office at 697-6117.
· Monday, November 3rd is an in-service day and Tuesday, November 4th is Election Day. The school will be closed these days.
· Saturday, November 8th is the Mommy and Me Tea from 10am-12pm in the Star Hill Cafeteria.
· Tuesday, November 11th is Veterans Day. School is closed.
· November 12th : Report Cards Issued
6:30 PM SH-PTO Mtg.