produced by Star Hill S.H.L.C.
PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE STAR HILL STUDENT FUND
WHEN: Saturday; March 7, 2015 at 9 a.m. 1 mile fun walk 9:05 a.m.
WHERE: FIFER ORCHARDS,1919 ALLABANDS MILL ROAD, WYOMING, DELAWARE
DISTANCE: 5k Run/Walk (3.1 Miles) 1 Mile Fun Walk (Non-Competitive)
5k - $20 through Friday, March 6 : $25 race day from 7:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Walk - $10 through Friday, March 6/ $20 per family: $12pp/$25 per family race day from 7:30 a.m.- 8:45 a.m.
For applications and more info go to www.crk12.org/starhill Click on 5K App. REGISTER EARLY!!
AWARDS: Presented to Overall and Master Champions and to the top 3 in the following 9 age groups: 9 & U, 10-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, & 70 & over
AMENITIES: Tech shirts guaranteed to the first 100 registered, refreshments provided.
POST RACE PARTY & AWARDS FOLLOWING EVENT.
RACE DIRECTOR: Nicole Kurz-McDowell and Betsy Tootell; Star Hill Elementary School (302) 697-6117
· February 25th: Interim reports issued. They will available to view online after 4:00pm.
· February 25th: Smarter Balanced information night at 6:00 p.m. in the Library.
· March 2nd-6th is spirit week in celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday. Flyer has been sent home.
· March 7th: Odyssey of the Mind
· March 7th: Star Hill 5k Run/ Walk at Fifer Orchards. Don’t forget to register on our website www.crk12.org/starhill to guarantee you receive a shirt!
· March 13th: Abbreviated Day. School will dismiss at 1:20.
· Friday, March 13th from 6:00-9:00pm Boot Scootin’ Ball Star Hill’s 6th Annual Father Daughter Dance at Wyoming Methodist Church. Tickets are on sale now.
· March 16th: 6:30 PM PTO meeting in the Star Hill Library.
· Dress Drive: Please drop off any gently used dresses, denim skirts or dresses, sweaters, boots, or heels to the office to help stock the Star Hill Dress Closet for this year’s Father Daughter Dance. Sizes 5-16.
· Bike Raffle: Win a bike and support Star Hill’s student programs. Tickets are 1 for $5, 3 for $10, and 10 for $20. The winner will be announced at the Star Hill 5K. Order forms are in the Wednesday folders.
· THANK YOU for all your support and donations for the American Heart Association during our annual Jump Rope for Heart campaign last week. We were able to raise $5,022. I'm planning on mailing the donations this week and the "thank you gifts" should arrive in 4-5 weeks. Thanks again.
If you missed the January PTO meeting, you should know….
· We have a Star Hill Spirit Night coming up on Thursday, January 29th at Texas Roadhouse! Come and support Star Hill while enjoying a delicious meal!
· Box Tops for Education/Campbell’s Labels are being collected. These two simple collections bring in a lot of money to our school that we use for important equipment for our children – keep them coming!
· The Star Hill 5 K is coming – mark your calendars now for Saturday March 7th!
· The Father/Daughter dance is Friday, March 13th at Wyoming Methodist Church. Donations of dresses, shoes and sweaters are now being accepted now for our “closet”. Please send your donations into the office.
· The PTO is happy to share that we were able to fund buses for the 4th grade so they can go on a field trip to Fort Delaware - an unexpected opportunity that came as a scholarship to Star Hill. This trip will occur in April.
We need your help….
· With the Star Hill 5K…do you have a business or know someone who does? We’re in need of community sponsors to help support this race. Please contact Cari McCann at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
· Upcoming volunteer opportunities include working at the Book Fair, on a mother/son event in the spring or teacher appreciation week in May. More details on getting involved will be coming soon – PLEASE help us help the school and your children, whether you can give a few hours to plan or volunteer or if you can provide something. It takes a village…..
· Feel free to contact your PTO at StarHillPTO@gmail.com with questions, ideas and suggestions – we hope to hear from you!
Welcome Star Hill Families!
Our community of learners house students in grades first through fifth in the Caesar Rodney School District. Our days are spent focused on learning with the understanding that time is an invaluable resource that should be spent wisely. When visiting our school you will find children and adults engaged in writing, reading, math, critical thinking and real life problem solving. Often you will find students being led in small groups on focused lessons or exploring research topics delving deeper into standards and interests. Instruction, activities and language used by educators is purposeful with the intended outcome of having students who are independent thinkers and problem solvers.
The success of our students comes from the support of our Star Hill families. Collaboration occurs daily among the staff in the building and with the students’ own families. We encourage parents and guardians to develop close relationships with school staff so that we may get to know your child even better which will allow us to best meet his or her needs. As one family we will make informed decisions about what is best for children while celebrating their accomplishments.
We are proud and honored to be members of the Star Hill and Caesar Rodney learning community. Working together will ensure your child has a productive, successful school year.
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.-- Brad Henry
School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:25 pm
6:30 PM SH-PTO Mtg.
6:30 PM PLDAB-PLC Mtg.