· Monday, May 25th: Memorial Day. School is closed.
· Field Day is Thursday, June 4th for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade and Friday, June 5th for 1st-2nd grade. It will be held at Brecknock Park from 9AM-1PM. More information will be coming home soon.
· Parent Day Celebration: Join your child at school- we would like to celebrate and honor you! Please join us on the day listed below for a classroom activity and lunch with your child: June 1st: Third Grade @ 10:20 June 2nd: Fifth Grade @ 11:50 June 4th: First Grade @ 10:40 and Second Grade @ 12:15 June 5th: Fourth Grade @ 10:40.
· June 10th is the fifth grade Moving Up Ceremony at 9:00am. Flyers are coming home soon.
· June 11th reports cards issued. They will be available online after 4:00PM.
· June 9th, 10th and 11th are abbreviated days. School will dismiss these days at 1:20PM.
· LAST DAY OF SCHOOL IS JUNE 11TH.
· Yearbooks on sale: The cost is $16.
Welcome Star Hill Families!
Our community of learners house students in grades first through fifth in the Caesar Rodney School District. Our days are spent focused on learning with the understanding that time is an invaluable resource that should be spent wisely. When visiting our school you will find children and adults engaged in writing, reading, math, critical thinking and real life problem solving. Often you will find students being led in small groups on focused lessons or exploring research topics delving deeper into standards and interests. Instruction, activities and language used by educators is purposeful with the intended outcome of having students who are independent thinkers and problem solvers.
The success of our students comes from the support of our Star Hill families. Collaboration occurs daily among the staff in the building and with the students’ own families. We encourage parents and guardians to develop close relationships with school staff so that we may get to know your child even better which will allow us to best meet his or her needs. As one family we will make informed decisions about what is best for children while celebrating their accomplishments.
We are proud and honored to be members of the Star Hill and Caesar Rodney learning community. Working together will ensure your child has a productive, successful school year.
Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.-- Brad Henry
School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:25 pm
|Click Here for Details!|